You want to place your first accumulator, so where do you start and what options are available? Don’t worry we have it covered. Here is a clear and concise guide that will get you up and running in no time.
- Find an online bookmaker you are happy with – I have reviewed all of the leading online bookmakers so it’s never been easier to find a bookie that suits you needs. Want to just dive straight in? No problem, the two below are my favourite!
-> Bet365 – Open an account with bet365 today!
->BetVictor – BetVictor allow you to claim a free bet worth £25 by registering a new account through this unique link.
- Sign up and claim your welcome bonus – It’s never been such a great time for new customers, every bookie offers a welcome bonus in some shape or form. Once your account is setup and activated you are ready to go and use that free bonus!
I’ve written a complete guide on opening your betting account and claiming your free bets, which you can check out by clicking this link.
- Research the matches you’re interested in – Chances are you already have a particular league, country or sport you are an expert on. Do some research on the games in that division and draw up a shortlist of selections you want to back.
- Do some more research – It never hurts to do extra research. Check team news in the build up to kick off, make sure the home banker you have highlighted haven’t had a dodgy lasagna the night before and wiped half the team out with a stomach bug.
You can find out how to structure you accumulator bet by clicking this link.
- Find the bet that suits your needs – Most people start with a straight out accumulator, a simple four-fold across the divisions. However, you may want to back it in multiples of trebles – ensuring you get a return if just three of your four teams win. Once your selections are on your bet slip you will see the types of bets available, the stake and potential returns.
See which tools I use every day before placing my accumulator bet by clicking this link.
- Never bet with money you can’t afford to lose – This is a no-brainer. By no means whatsoever should you bet with money you can’t afford to lose. For one, it’s completely irresponsible and secondly ‘scared money’ will always lose, you will find that your decision-making suffers when the money you stake can ill afford to be lost.
- Keep stakes small – If you are a novice to the game then keep stakes small, it’s common sense. You wouldn’t be making million dollar deals on your first day in the City; keep stakes small until you build experience and confidence.
- Turn on Sky Sports, sit back and relax – Now your bet is placed you can sit back in nervous anticipation while the action unfolds. Hopefully your first four-fold turns out to be a winning one! If not, the welcome bonus will soften the blow.
If you have any specific questions regarding accumulators or new sign up bonuses, please leave a comment below and I will do my best to help!