Things are changing and whether you are aware or not, banks are now looking for gambling related transactions. The main reason for these checks is eligibility for lending. So, if you are looking for a loan or a mortgage from your bank, they may well be basing their decision on the amount of betting related transactions they see.
The good news is.. I know a way around this and I will share it with you now.
Deposit Using eWallets
Instead of sending your cash to a bookmaker through your debit card, sign up for an ewallet account instead.
The most well known ewallet is Paypal. However there are other options like Skrill and Neteller.
The main advantage an ewallet account gives you is privacy from your bank. All they see is a transaction to Paypal for example. What you do from there is your business only.
Advantages of ewallets
- Your bank has no clues where you spend your money. So acceptance for loans and mortgages will be higher.
- Manage your transaction away from your cluttered personal bank statements. I find it’s easier to stay on top of my betting money.
- Faster withdrawals back to the ewallet
- You can spend your ewallet cash in many other places, not just with online betting sites
- There are fee’s attached to transactions. These fees vary at each ewallet. (Tip: Don’t make lots of small deposits to an ewallet, top it up with a decent amount and then use it like a debit card. That way you save on fees)
- Slightly less convenient as at times you will have to make 2 transactions to deposit.
Other Betting Deposit options
Online Bank accounts! These are taking off in a big way and most people are having these as well as a traditional bank account.
Again, these are a great option to keep your betting money separate and away from the eyes of your main bank.
The most popular online bank accounts are;
– Monzo Bank
– Starling Bank
I personally have a Revolut account but all pretty much do the same stuff so have a browse and consider using one.
Don’t risk it any longer everyone as I would hate to see anyone be declined a loan or a mortgage just because they enjoy putting a football accumulator on a few times a week!
It is getting crazy these days so we just need to be smarter with our approach to ensure we can still have fun and not effect other aspects of life.
If you go for one of the options above you can give yourself hassle free betting and probably manage your betting spend more closely.
Comment below if you have any questions of this, happy to help!